Video Digitizing Services
Transfer and Digitize Videotape for Archive
and remaster video taped programming to digital files
Even the most carefully stored videotaped footage degrades with time. Programs archived on videotape should be digitized (converted) to a digital master file for long-term storage. A Cut Above has multiple video tape formats for video conversions to digital files. To ensure that the full quality of the master tape is preserved all digital video decks are interfaced via an uncompressed SDI connection or through FireWire retaining the original CODEC's quality for all re-mastered programs.
New Digital Master from Videotape
After your footage is converted to a digital file we can re-master the video and audio including color correction and image restoration; audio can be enhanced to minimize noise, correct audio levels and better equalize the program. The result can be a re-mastered digital file of improved audio and video quality compared to the original master tape.
A Cut Above digitizes video exclusively using broadcast video decks: Sony BVH-2000 one inch Type C, Sony BVU-950 3/4 inch Umatic SP, Sony DVW-500A Digital Betacam (with Betacam SP and Betacam playback), Sony DSR-1500A DVCAM, Panasonic AJ-HD1400 DVCPRO HD (with DVCPRO 50 and DVCPRO playback).
A Cut Above has been in the broadcast video business since 1988 and has maintained all of its critical videotape playback capabilities; we have the experience, skills and equipment to produce the best quality digital master file transferred from your videotape archives.
Supported Videotape Transfers
- 1 inch Type C digitizing using Sony BVH-2000 with Dolby A audio option
- 3/4 inch Umatic SP, 3/4" Umatic digitizing using Sony BVU-950
- Digital Betacam, Betacam SP, Betacam digitizing using Sony DVW-500A
- DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO 50, DVCPRO digitizing using Panasonic AJ-HD1400
- DVCAM digitizing using Sony DSR-1500A
Sample Capture and Digitizing from Videotape Pricing
- 30 minute 3/4" SP or Betacam SP tape digitized as a ProRes 422 file: $55*
- 60 minute DVCPRO HD tape digitized as a DVDPRO HD file: $97*
- 120 minute 1" tape digitized as a ProRes 422 file: $205*